Paper Shredding in Orlando, FL—”NAID Certified” is Important!
Keeping your clients’ and customers’ data secure is paramount in today’s age of cyber thugs. Ransomware and malware attacks are on the rise. There is another area you must keep safeguarded. It includes all the documents you must hold onto for potential audits, employee records, or other sensitive bits of information. You may put many software security systems into place but leave hard copy documents at risk. Criminals are savvier by the day, whether online or on your premises. Timely and professional paper shredding services at your Orlando, FL commercial premises can help save the day.
Stay in Compliance with Professional Records Destruction
Avoid placing your reputation on the line and leaving your company open to compliance issues. You can do so by hiring a NAID certified paper shredding company like Crown Information Management. We service Central Florida, including Orlando. Our on-site services ensure that your confidential information is appropriately destroyed in a secure manner. We even provide ‘walk-in’ services at our facilities.
What Is NAID and Why Choose a NAID Certified Company?
Certifications often get thrown around haphazardly, but not when you need secure document destruction. Here are the basics of NAID and why you should choose a paper shredding company in Orlando with this certification:
- What is NAID? The acronym stands for National Association for Information Destruction and was created in 1997 as a non-profit organization. The goal was to develop and promote a high level of standards and ethics in the destruction of confidential information. It is an internationally recognized organization that is often called upon to provide counsel to those developing information security standards.
- Why Choose a NAID Certified Company? Those that choose to become NAID certified undergo an exhaustive process and meet comprehensive criteria consistently, including but not limited to:
- Background checks of all new hires
- County-by-county criminal searches of employees’ residences for the previous seven years
- Require all new employees to sign confidentiality agreements
- Drivers must meet all applicable licensing requirements
- Consistent drug screening at the time of hire and at random intervals
- Require employees to wear uniforms and ID badges with pictures
- Be subject to annual audits, either scheduled or random, to ensure compliance to NAID standards
- All fleet vehicles must meet the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, including lockable cabs and cargo areas
- Shredders must meet original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications, which include continuous shredding, indefinite length, and a 5/8” or less cutter width
Secure Your Peace of Mind with Professional Paper Shredding in Orlando, FL
Your customers deserve to know you take all necessary precautions to maintain their privacy. Using a NAID certified company such as Crown Information Management gives you the confidence you deserve to protect your client’s information. We provide various services for the destruction of paper, hard drives, media, products, office equipment, and x-rays. We work with you to establish a regular schedule that fits your needs. Not only are we NAID AAA certified, but we also hold certifications in SOC1 and PCI. Utilize our extensive experience when you call us today.
For safe, reliable, and affordable records management and destruction plans, hire Crown Information Management. Call 800-979-9545 or contact us online to request a free estimate for paper shredding in Orlando, FL.