Hurricane Season Starts June 1. Have You Moved Your Records to Safety?
Hurricane season is around the corner again. On June 1, we will officially be back to that time of the year when the weather defines our movements and business plans. The 2021 report predicts a busy hurricane season with above-normal tropical activity and 7 to 10 hurricanes. Florida has a 75% chance of a hurricane coming within 50 miles, with a 41% chance of a major hurricane, and all the numbers are significantly higher than average. Forecasters continue to urge those in the coastal regions to plan critical business activities ahead of time, and stay alert and informed during the hurricane season.
At Crown Information Management, we understand how this season can disrupt the continuity of business operations, and at times, threaten the very existence of a business. Our data management specialists discuss how you can keep your business afloat in the face of hurricanes and other natural disasters.
Get Ahead of the Storm and Keep your Business Hurricane-Ready
Protecting your business from the wrath of powerful hurricanes and storms means:
- Ensuring that your business can activate a formal Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Disaster Management (DM) plan when such disruptive events occur.
- Storing your physical records, files, and business materials at a safe location that prevents damage or loss, even in the face of floods, fires or other natural disasters.
While the former requires strategic planning, extensive training and staff sensitization, and periodic reviews and practice runs, the latter simply needs a trusted records management company that can safeguard your information. A quick internet search will yield hundreds of such companies offering records storage facilities throughout Florida. However, here are some aspects that separate the best from the rest.
- Competitive and Flexible Plans: Does the records storage company offer attractive rates to secure your physical records? Are their plans flexible for accommodating seasonal, temporary, or permanent storage requirements?
- Additional Services: Do they offer other allied services, such as sorting, coding, filing, indexing, and classifying the files and documents? Can they align with your company’s specific method or system of coding or indexing?
- Easy Retrievals: Do they provide a Scan-on-Demand service that enables easy access to your records whenever you need them? Do they offer quick retrieval and on-time delivery of relevant documents, ensuring that your staff never has to worry about finding, lifting, or moving boxes?
- Secure Facility: How safe is their facility? What kind of storage and surveillance systems do they have in place? Will they ensure that your records are in a clean, pest-free, and temperature-controlled environment at all times?
- Compliance with Industry-specific Norms: Are they familiar with the various laws, such as HIPAA, FACTA, FERPA, or other industry-specific norms that apply to your business? Will they be able to offer proper guidance and control over the documents that you need to preserve permanently or destroy securely?
At Crown Information Management, we are experts in records management and storage and offer a wide range of services, in keeping with the needs of your business. Take advantage of our highly-secure, state-of-the-art storage facility and cost-efficient plans and systems to keep your business records safe at all times. Whether you are looking for temporary storage during the hurricane season, or more permanent options that can free up your valuable real estate, our qualified Records and Information Management (RIM) specialists can create customized solutions for you.
Move your records to safety with a trusted SOC1 Level 2 Report, NAID AAA and PCI Certified company, such as Crown Information Management. Call us at 800-979-9545 or complete our online form to get a free estimate for your requirements.