Hurricane Season is Here. Get Your Records to Safety
While hurricane season in Florida officially begins on June 1 each year, this year the region has already experienced two named storms, even before the season began. Quick on the heels of the first two storms came the third named storm, Cristobal, which also brought sheets of rain in the Sunshine State. With meteorology experts predicting a busy hurricane season ahead, it is time to evaluate whether your business is ready to face the upcoming storms and related disruptions.
- Do you have a formal business continuity and disaster management plan in place?
- Can you evacuate your records, files, or business materials in a quick, hassle-free manner in the event of floods or other natural disasters?
The qualified and experienced professionals at Crown Information Management explain how to stay ahead of the storm and keep your records safe and accessible.
Key Considerations for Physical Information Security during Hurricane Season and Beyond
Most hurricanes are accompanied by heavy rains and strong winds. Which means, you need a strategy to run your Florida business in the face of floods, power outages, loss of internet connectivity, system downtimes, or other such potential obstacles.
- Ensure uninterrupted access to your digital information and business applications. Implement a robust business continuity plan that will help you operate from a secondary site with appropriate IT backup systems.
- Safeguard your physical files or records and enjoy easy access or smooth retrieval, even when your office premises are unreachable.
- Partner with a reliable records management company that offers fire-resistant, water-resistant, temperature-controlled storage facilities, along with timely records retrieval services.
- Create a formal records management framework and prioritization access matrix to prevent chaos and confusion during times of crisis. When your teams have clarity in handling disruptive situations, they will be able to serve your customers in a smooth and uninterrupted manner.
Being hurricane ready is not just about creating backup plans for your IT applications, servers, or physical records. It is also about reassuring your customers and stakeholders that the company is capable of performing regular operations despite any impediments. Remember to put in place a comprehensive internal and external communication strategy to address these aspects.
Preserve and Protect Your Physical Documents from Hurricanes and other Disasters
At Crown Information Management, we offer an extensive range of records management and storage services to multi-industry clients across Florida. Our state-of-the-art storage facility in Winter Haven, FL is equipped to address all possible threats to physical information security, including theft, accidents, and natural disasters. Our Records and Information Management (RIM) professionals specialize in sorting, coding, indexing, storing, and quick retrieval of paper files, folders, and documents. We also offer tailor-made records management solutions in keeping with your company’s indexing or filing methods.
Strengthen your physical information security by using the records storage solutions of a SOC1, NAID AAA and PCI Certified company, such as Crown Information Management. Call 800-979-9545 or contact us online to explore our full range of record management services.